Happy 2017! A new year, a new promise of greater things. You’re all pumped up and have a spring in you step of new beginnings, new habits, new life, new YOU.
The resolution lists are out, they are long, they are crisp and they have us buzzing.
But how to kick ass this 2017?
How to make sure that those resolutions are not a cliche and are not dwindling come February 1st. Take your resolutions on a revolution!
Here are 5 easy ways to kick start and kick ass this year. Here we go…
- Create a mantra a song to get you in the mood every morning. It doesn’t have to rhyme or have smart words its just something that keeps you focused. My mantra when I want to pull myself out of a rut and stay positive is sing with my girls. Our song? well its simple and goes like this… “Are we gonna have a good day?” and they shout at me “yes we are!!!”then” Are we gonna be happy? yes we are!!!” and we march out of bed and get our shit together. It really works!
- Organise you’re brain. Write down why you are doing what you are doing this is your intention of this new thing that you are trying to achieve. When you have a purpose, an intention and clear goals set out you are more likely to succeed. Keep your brain engaged on why you are doing it and the how will naturally manifest. Jot down things you have to do on your phone or planner so your brain is clear of these lists and things to do this will make you more focused and clearer in your goals.
- Work on it everyday. Make your goals big but the steps need to be daily attainable goals. It takes 21 days to build a habit but if you get so daunted by the goal and how big a task it is you are less likely to stick to it. For me on my positive road mindset I say to myself I won’t use negative language. This comes with lots of minor hurdles I can’t be zen straight of the bat its daily things I do to reach that personal goal.
- The goal is not the end. In fact the goal is the beginning its a point where you can measure your progress but it doesn’t finish. You have to keep at it if you can do it for 21 days you can do it for 3 months if you can do it for 3 months you can do it 6 months and a year and you continue to push yourself and push yourself.
- Tell a friend. When you tell someone of your intentions you are not only being accountable to yourself but you’re being accountable to someone else that you are making a promise that you want to attain something. When they see you going of track, if their a good friend they will call you up on it and veer you back without shaming you and reminding you that everyone has bad days but let the day not become a year.
Those are 5 top ways that I will kick ass this 2017!
Let me know what you intend to do this year and your ways you will make 2017 the year where it all begins and not where it ends.